Phillip Hossler Loyalty and Commitment Award Criteria
The Phil Hossler Loyalty and Commitment Award recognizes a deserving athletic trainer in New Jersey for their service to the athletic training profession, their setting, and their communities.
Phil Hossler served the ATSNJ over a span of three decades. He was the first ATSNJ Secretary/Treasurer (1977-1980) and was the only two-time ATSNJ President (1983-1984, 1997-1998). Phil’s inventive mind not only improved his own work environment but enhanced secondary school athletic training across the state. He was also the driving force behind the Department of Education certificate for athletic trainers. Phil was well known for his kind nature and willingness to help those in need. If you were a secondary school AT and needed advice, you would call Mr. High School, Phil Hossler. Phil received many accolades, including the ATSNJ Distinguished Service Award and was inducted into the ATSNJ, NJSCA, NJSIAA & NATA Halls of Fame.
This award recognizes athletic trainers who have:
- Demonstrated a long-term commitment to their setting
- Provided public awareness, promotion and education about the athleteic trainers role in their local communities
- Helped establish and maintain the athletic trainers’ presence in their setting.
- Promoted athletic training as a career-destination.
- Exhibited a consistent and exemplary level of health care
- ATSNJ member in good standing
- Current NPI number with appropriate taxonomy code
- Current BOC certification
- At least 75% of current job responsibility must involve primary care of athletes
- Currently employed as a full-time head athletic trainer (or equivalent).
- Employed at the same employer for a minimum of 10 years.
- The athletic trainer has made progressive and substantial improvements to his/her athletic training program.
- The athletic trainer provides extraordinary service to local community.
- Has attended the ATSNJ annual conference and business meeting at least once in the last 5 years
- Nomination due by January 15th
- Completed application due by February 1st