Want an experience of a lifetime? Then volunteer to help move our profession forward. See a need, fill a need! “Believe it or not, being involved will make you a better AT in your job setting.” ~ Michael Goldenberg, MS, ATC, CES
Nominations are open for Northern Representative through 11:59 PM on March 8, 2021.
Login to make a nomination at: https://www.atsnj.org/form/executive-council-nominations
Any questions about a specific position, please contact ATSNJ Past-President, Kevin Briles at email@example.com. Questions about the election, please contact Michael Goldenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Regional Representative
The northern region consists of the following counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Warren, and Union.
As a Regional representative, the person holding this position shall commence this two-year term by being elected in accordance with the ATSNJ bylaws and may serve one additional term if re-elected. The specific duties of this position shall be to act as a conduit for the Board to their geographical region, County Delegates, committees and liaison(s) that are designated to this position.
Policy as a member of the Executive Council
- Serves in accordance with the applicable sections of the By-Laws, Policies and Procedure Manual, the Articles of Incorporation, and other official governance instruments of the Society.
- Carry out the ATSNJ Mission, practice and conduct yourself as a professional at all times (personal and professional life).
- Act and serve in an ethical manner.
- Attend all EC meetings/conference calls.
- Actively participate in Executive Council meetings and serve as a voting member.
- Carry out any special assignments from EC: e.g. pickup, drop off ATSNJ display, attend events on behalf of the Executive Council and/or carry out any other duties bestowed to this regional position.
- Promote athletic training professionalism, both internally and externally.
- Recruit a local athletic trainer to serve as a delegate for each county within the region.
Policy regarding responsibilities to Regional Membership:
- Liaison between the northern region and the EC. Disseminate EC information to the region.
- Relay members’ concerns forward to the EC.
- Conduct at least THREE regional meeting per year; 1 must be official ATSNJ meeting using provider number & Aventri. (CEU event, hear regional members’ concerns, recommendations, etc.)
- Update regional members as to any current issues that may arise. Send emails, mailings, or make phone calls to accomplish this task.