Skin Infections in Athletes
Skin infections account for up to 10% of time-loss injuries in some sports and can cause serious illness. Skin infections can be spread from one athlete to another. You can help protect athletes from becoming sick or losing playing time due to skin infections.
1. Practice proper hygiene immediately after every practice or competition using hot water and antibacterial soap. Use antifungal shampoo on alternating days
2. Keep practice areas including weight rooms and equipment properly disinfected.
3. Wash clothes and towels towels and clean equipement after every practice and competition.
4. Avoid sharing personal items
5. Keep your skin moisturized
6. Report all skin infections
Remember it is always easier to prevent infections from occurring than it is to contract and then treat them.
For more information visit: http://atsnj.org/tags/skin-infection