Helpful Tips to Stay Safe in the Sun!
- Use SPF sun protection of at least 30.
- Prevent skin burning w/ protective clothing/hats, sit strategically to avoid high sun when watching.
- Avoid high UV sun times of 11-4pm
- Be aware that sweating exacerbates the effects of the sun
- Be aware that fatigue may make you immunosuppressed
- Be aware of your family history
- Be vigilant with skin checks
- Make sunscreen available for athletes, coaches and ATs
For additional resources of skin protection visit:http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/29176.phphttp://www.skincancer.org/healthy-lifestyle/outdoor-activities/sun-safet...http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18280899